Thursday, April 2, 2009

Keeping You Posted


I said I would keep you posted on anything new in deer sightings. Tonight at 7:30 we looked out the windows of our four season room, and saw two deer in our backyard. I looked around and saw three more! There were five deer. What a welcome sight after not seeing any since last fall. They hung around in the yard and cornfield bordering the yard for about fifteen minutes before finally heading back down the lane and jumped over the fence into McClurg's corn field. I watched them for about half hour until it got dark and they wandered off into the dusk.  They must have heard I was afraid they had all died and decided to make a grand appearance for us. It was a great sight and I'm glad to be sharing the land with them, even though they'll probably eat up  any garden we plant this year. 

Then just as the deer left the yard, two rabbits made their appearance under the bird feeder. Looks like the Easter Bunnies are also alive and well and waiting for our garden. That should all make for some interesting stories this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment